Meet the Bioactives: Niacinamide
What is Niacinamide?
This top-tier bioactive, featured in our Balancing Lightweight Prebiotic Moisturizer and our Pore Purifying Peptide Toner is a form of B-3, which is an essential nutrient for the body. It is water-soluble and not stored in the body, however, which means it must be replenished regularly. Nutritionally, niacinamide can be found in foods like eggs, fish, leafy greens, peanuts, avocado, whole wheat, and brown rice.
What Does Niacinamide Do?
Some of the possible benefits of Niacinamide for the skin include:
- Helps keep skin looking firm and healthy.
- Helps lock in hydration.
Helps to support the appearance of brighter, glowing skin.
- Anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helps reduce the appearance of pores.
- Helps regulate oil production, making it beneficial for all skin types, including acne-prone.
- Works to help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
To learn more about our lineup of potent, plant-based bioactives, visit our new ingredients library, and to learn more about which of our new, plastic-free skincare products are right for you, take our short Skincare Routine Finder quiz.