Pangea’s Peppermint Chocolate Tarts
These special treats are satisfying, delicious, grain-free, gluten-free, paleo, and vegan. We promise that even if you love wheat and dairy, you won’t find anything missing when you taste them.
Since it’s the week of Christmas, you might also be glad to know that they’re easy to prepare and make a thoughtful, highly appreciated gift… especially when garnished with a sprig of fresh mint or lavender and placed in a photo-worthy box.
Parchment Muffin Tin Liners
2 1/4 cups almond flour
2 1/4 cups hazelnut flour
1 cup plus 2 tablespoon organic raw cacao powder
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil melted over low heat
1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 cups organic raw cacao powder
2 cups organic maple syrup
1/4 cup organic coconut oil melted over low heat
1 teaspoon sea salt
6 drops Pangea Peppermint Essential Oil, or to taste -- start with 3 and see if it's enough.
Chopped, roasted hazelnuts
Fresh, organic, halved cherries (when in season)
- Pour dry ingredients into food processor and pulse to mix.
- Combine wet ingredients with each other first, then add them to the dry ingredients, and process until well blended.
- Press crust into lined muffin tins and place in freezer while you make the filling.
Chocolate Peppermint Fudge Filling Instructions
- Pour dry ingredients into the food processor and pulse to mix.
- Combine wet ingredients first, then add them to dry ingredients, and process until well blended.
- Pour into muffin cups and top with cacao nibs or chopped, roasted hazelnuts or cherries.
Place the tarts in your refrigerator and allow them to firm. Serve alongside a hot beverage by a roaring fire.
*Internal use of Essential Oils for therapeutic purposes should only occur under the close supervision of a certified aromatherapist. That said, Pangea's Essential Oils are organic and food-grade. Using Pangea Essential Oils sparingly in appropriate cooking and baking recipes can be delightful and perfectly safe. These Oils are highly concentrated, and typically only a few drops are required to achieve the desired effect.
photo credit: Bruna Branco