March 7th, every single year, is plant power day. A day to celebrate the ways in which plants bring health and wellbeing to our lives and a chance to take a look at sustainable living from the point of view of our chlorophyll-loving friends. Plants are the OG of sustainability: getting their needs met by the sun and soil, giving back to the environment more than they take, generously feeding animals (including us), and just generally being part of the cycle of life. In our book, there is nothing more rock-and-roll than that.
If you want to honor the power of plants there are so many things you can do:
1. Eat a plant-based meal, especially a sustainable organic one. Go ahead and heap your plate with veggies, grains, beans, and flowers.
2. Say thank you to the plants by supporting an organic farm, regenerative agriculture project, or farmer. We do this by including the farmers, farms, and plants in our products every day.
3. Use products that support plant life. Our bioactives are - you guessed it - plants. So you can give your vote for plants by using our powerful, plant-based bioactives to: Cleanse (De-Stress Foaming Facial Cleanser), Detoxify (Pore Purifying Peptide Toner), Treat (Super Antioxidant Glow Oil), and Hydrate skin (Peptide-Rich Eye Cream).
4. Spend some time in nature and visit with your plant friends in the wild. Take a hike, go for a walk in your neighborhood, visit a stream or river, stop and smell the flowers. Plants are out there doing amazing things for our environment no matter where you look.
5. Watch a plant-based movie. You might learn something about how to live your life from the amazing relationships in the plant world.
6. Support companies who support the plants. Look for folks who have relationships with farmers like our seaweed source and our cranberry farmers.
For us, every day is plant-powered, and it may be the same for you - but gratitude is important so take the time today to say “thank you” to the plants who help make it all possible. It’s good for us and for them to be mindful of our connections and relationships, today and every day.
Explore Our Products: