Spa Day at Home
Facials are an amazing experience. During and after, we feel scrubbed, anointed, and coddled. However, finding the right practitioner, who uses the right products, can be a challenge. Plus: time and money. However, doing it yourself in the privacy of your own bathroom with your own fluffy towels and robe is a very good option. Knowing what products to use in what order and then setting the scene so you feel tranquil can give you a spa-level facial without needing to leave the house.
Here are the steps to the very best at-home facial:
1. Cleanse. You need clean skin to prepare the skin’s surface to allow all the other steps to work optimally. If you are wearing makeup, take that off first with a lotion or an oil. You can use a few drops of Glow Oil or Lightweight Moisturizer. Follow with a lightly foaming cleanser. The key is that makeup is best removed with oil or lotion because of the emollient properties but then you need to get all that off with a good cleanser. Dry your face with a microfiber towel, if you have one. You should have one as they are also great for drying hair fast.
2. Exfoliate. Exfoliation is part of what makes facials feel so good. When you remove all the dead skin cells, your skin takes in product better. There are two kinds of exfoliation: physical and chemical. Our Daily AHA Gentle Exfoliator is a dual-action physical and chemical exfoliant that polishes and smooths skin, cleans clogged pores, and reveals visibly brighter, smoother skin, and a healthier-looking glow.
3. Next, we steam. If you’ve never steamed with a bowl and a towel, you’re in for a treat. Steam opens the pores, raises the internal temperature of your skin, increases blood flow to the skin, and brings in moisture. So fill a bowl with hot but not boiling water. Put a towel over your head and lean in about six inches from the bowl. Wait through one or two songs of your choice or a good five minutes of an audio book. When you are done, pat your skin but try not to take off all the moisture.
4. Mask. Keep the music or book rolling and apply Superfood Smoothie Mask. Our Superfood Smoothie Mask is an antioxidant-rich, multi-tasking miracle that helps remove impurities, gently exfoliates, works to unclog pores, and visibly improves tone and texture while balancing skin’s moisture levels.
5. Oil. Our Super Antioxidant Glow Oil is packed with a powerful blend of six plant-based active oils and antioxidants for rich hydration, brightening, and an instantly youthful-looking glow. The oil will sink in and nourish your skin.
6. Moisturize. Following the oil you can add moisture to your skin and up the nourishment by using our Ultra Rich Nourishing Facial Moisturizer on your face and our Peptide-Rich Eye Cream under and around your eyes. That feeling you get from a good facial of being totally slathered in product comes in here.
7. Massage. You can even give yourself a good hand massage to relax and rejuvenate your hands. Use our Hand Cream and make sure to put a nice amount on your cuticles, it will act as cuticle cream and soften and soothe that often irritated skin. Then with one hand, give the other a soft massage. When your hands are all relaxed and moisturized you can’t do much but recline for a few minutes and take in the great feeling. This is a great time to add a bit of Hand Cream to the ends of your hair, wrap up in a towel and let the cream do its magic while you relax.
This is a great ritual for alone time, and it is also a great way to spend time with someone you love - friend or family - talking, enjoying, and maybe sipping some tea. Make sure you give yourself a good amount of time to enjoy your spa day, and especially the part where you don't have to get dressed and go home.
Explore Our Products: